Home and Away Star Sophie Dillman spoke to Digital Spy about Ziggy Astoni ‘s sad break from Dean Thompson.

Ziggy decides that she can no longer stay with Dean after hearing his confession of Ross Nixon ‘s murder.

Dean has agreed to believe Ziggy on how Colby Thorne killed Ross at the beginning of last year. Dean was involved in the cover-up by helping to bury his body.

Sophie and Patrick O’Connor – who plays Dean – are a couple in real life.

But now audiences will get to see how their characters interact with each other.

Asked how she first reacted to the break-up plot, Sophie said to media, “Shocked!.

I was really shocked, but then I thought about it for a few more minutes and thought, ‘Ok, we’re living in Summer Bay!’

“We’ve got a head-up from the writers, which is good when it applies to all the stuff with Colby and Ross, and Willow and Amber.

It’s good to know in those heightened plots so you can chart what’s going on, where it’s going on, and do the best work you can.



“I don’t think the fans of Ziggy and Dean would respond well, honestly! But everything’s going to happen for a reason, so it’ll be all right! Asked if she could understand Ziggy ‘s reaction to Ross’ secret, Sophie went on to say, “Yes, I can.


I know, love is love, and love conquers everything, but it’s really hard to walk a mile in Dean’s shoes.

“I tried my best to think about how I would respond in those circumstances, but I think my moral sense would overpower that, because really,

If I were put in that position, I would know that I deserve better than to be with someone who thinks that they can do that to someone else, whoever that person is.”

Sophie reported that the arrival of Dean’s ex-lover, Amber Simmons, and their son, Jai, had not helped matters.

She explained, “I think that Ziggy has a great deal of doubt about other women, because her marriage to Brody ended in a huge adultery scandal.

So Amber definitely doesn’t help the problem, and Amber doesn’t want to.

“Amber needs Ziggy to get out of the picture, so that she can finally have her happy ever after.

But it definitely doesn’t support Ziggy in her insecurities. Above all, though, Ziggy wants Dean to be happy, and Jai makes him happy.

If Ziggy and Dean could ever reunite, Sophie chuckled, “Yeah, we’ve got it all crossed!