Nearly a year after her brother Karl De Abrew’s heartbreaking death, Home and Away star Sarah Roberts embarks on a new charity venture.

 “Over the weekend, the 35-year-old actress announced she took part in Walk4BrainCancer to raise money for world-class science, activism and awareness of brain cancer on her Instagram.”

Sarah shared the donation connection (find it here) and promised to post updates from her fundraiser page, disclosing her goal was to raise $1000.

Sarah marked the sixth anniversary of Karl’s death in April by focusing on the good memories she shared with him and sharing how much her brother missed her.

“I miss your laughter, your voice, your fast-witted, quirky sense of humour and ‘brown jokes,’ our never-ending photo shoots in front of these dumb poles,” Sarah said.

“At 6 am, I also miss you waking me up to go to the gym… ‘Move it or lose it, soldier!’ ||| 6 months of missing you today. Love you Big Squirt forever.”


I love you. I treasure you. I greet you. Now you can relax, we know you’re dancing in the heavens up there, still watching us down. All my love forever, Medium Squirt x ».

At her wedding to James in July 2019, which was held in Ireland, Karl, who was based in Dublin, walked Sarah down the aisle so that Karl could attend.